Copenhagen hosts DrupalCon 2010!
Yesterday the Drupal Association announced that the next DrupalCon Europe will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark! We're very pleased to hear the news that our dear neighbors have finally pulled this off, after months of hard work on their proposal.
As you probably know, Denmark is Sweden's southern neighbor. We know one or two things about this country and its inhabitants, and we can safely say that the decision to locate DrupalCon in Copenhagen is a wise one.
Here are just a few of the reasons:
- Copenhagen has long provided Swedes with goods that we can't (well, couldn't) get back home, like cheap beer, red hot dogs (banned in Sweden for reasons no one remembers anymore) and citronvann (typical lemon sodas).
- Danes are fun, loud and spontaneous.
- Copenhagen has a fantastic amusement park (Tivoli) right in the middle of the city.
- There is an autonomous neighbourhood called Christiania, which was founded by squatters in the 70s, and has since earned a unique legal status of its own.
- The Drupal community in Denmark is active, and they mean business.
See you in Copenhagen in August 2010!
Image Credit: Library of Congress